Thursday, January 4, 2007

Vanity


I have decided I am sick of Xanga. It's kind of a waste of my time. And so, following in Mary's (my aunt) footsteps, I've decided to start one of these blogs. Mary, I hope you don't mind, I love the way you set up your posts, so I kind of used the same idea. :)

Today at the mall I recognized the absolute hilarity of human vanity. Kristen and I were trying desperately (yes) to buy shirts from Delia's, and the girl ringing us up at the counter dove into this story about how the district manager was there and no one was supposed to have piercings and she had one right above her lip ("obviously" was the word she used) and blah blah blah. Simple solution: Take the piercing out while you're working!!! Difficult solution she decided to complain to us about: Put a band-aid on it.

Now honestly, who cares? It was...silly.

And now I am going to continue to watch Syracuse beat (hopefully I'm not jinxing them) #10 Pittsburgh in the first Big East game of the season. Basketball is wonderful.


2 comments:

Blackbird Experience said...

Hi Kaylea! Of COURSE I don't mind... in fact I love the idea! It's definitely lots of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing everything you post up here. I've bookmarked it already. Speak to you soon! (P.S. it's weird to hear me described as "aunt" - hee hee) :)

Anonymous said...

ahh! i forgot about that!! lolz...i was going to talk to you about how i thought that was silly as well...wow. :) this blog thing is pretty sweet. yep. and very pretty and sophisticated looking. love you girl!